Frequently Asked Questions
What is DePaul Cristo Rey High School?
- DePaul Cristo Rey is an affordable, Catholic, college preparatory high school for young men and women with economic need.
- DePaul Cristo Rey has grades 9 through 12.
- DePaul Cristo Rey High School is one of 32 schools in the national Cristo Rey Network, which has a total enrollment of 10,900 students.
- The school is located at 1133 Clifton Hills Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45220, one block south of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
Where will DePaul Cristo Rey students work?
- Corporate Work Study partners hire students to work in entry-level jobs in professional settings.
- Employers include law firms, insurance companies, construction companies, colleges, and hospitals, to see a complete list of the Corporate Work Study Partners click here.
How much will DePaul Cristo Rey High School cost?
- The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) supports a portion of the costs of the students’ education.
- Another portion of the student education costs is covered by scholarships donated by generous individuals, families and foundations.
- There is an out-of-pocket cost to every family, but DePaul Cristo Rey will work with every family to find the level each can reasonably afford.
- All families complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Form to determine their financial eligibility to attend and if they are admitted, the amount of tuition they will pay.
How are students admitted to DePaul Cristo Rey High School?
DePaul Cristo Rey High School is looking for students who:
- Dream about obtaining a private, college preparatory education.
- Demonstrate the financial need to attend an affordable high school.
- Have the maturity to work in the Corporate Work Study Program.
- Are at least 14 years old by September 1, 2017.
- Are determined to be successful in the classroom and the workplace.
Prospective students’ families should call the Admission Office at 513-861-0600 to learn more about the admission process.
After I turn in all my paperwork, am I accepted?
- The files of sudents who have completed an application and have submitted all required paperwork will be reviewed by the Admission Review Committee.
- Alll students submitting a complete application (and all paperwork) will receive an admissions decision letter.
- The letter to accepted applicants includes next steps and registration deadlines.
- Applications are accepted until the class is full.
How can I get more information about the school?