How does the Corporate Work Study Program work?
- The CWSP functions as an employment agency within DePaul Cristo Rey High School.
- Students are employees of the CWSP, not the Corporate Partner.
- Partners pay a competitive, annual service fee to the CWSP which directly covers student tuition.
- CWSP manages all employment verification, payroll and tax details as well as logistics and transportation for students to and from work.
- Students work in a four-person job-sharing team to fill one full-time equivalent position, Monday through Friday, during the academic year.
How can we make this program work if our employees aren’t in the office every day?
- Students are a great resource to complete the in office administrative tasks that your remote employees can’t complete such as filing and processing mailings.
- We can work with you to develop and supervise remote work assignments for students.
How does DPCR support the on-the-job supervisors at our companies?
- Each company is assigned a DPCR Relationship Manager who serves as a liaison between your team and the student workers, answering questions, troubleshooting or offering additional student coaching.
- Students receive ongoing feedback, performance reviews and training throughout the school year.
- Students receive a grade and academic credit for CWSP participation.
What makes this program unique?
- The Cristo Rey Network® has a provision from the U.S. Department of Labor allowing the school’s CWSP to employ students 14 years of age and older.
- Student earnings directly support the cost of their private, college-preparatory education.
- This education and your support strengthen students’ pathways to a bachelor’s degree, increasing economic mobility and advancing racial equity.
DIRECT LINE: 513.861.0034