Frequently Asked Questions
What is DePaul Cristo Rey High School?
- DePaul Cristo Rey is an affordable, Catholic, college preparatory high school for young men and women with significant economic need.
- DePaul Cristo Rey has grades 9 through 12.
- DePaul Cristo Rey High School is one of 35 schools in the national Cristo Rey Network.
- The school is located at 1133 Clifton Hills Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45220, one block south of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
Where do DePaul Cristo Rey students work?
- Corporate Work Study partners hire students to work in entry-level jobs in professional settings.
- Employers include law firms, insurance companies, construction companies, colleges, and hospitals, to see a complete list of the Corporate Work Study Partners click here.
- More details about the Corporate Work Study Program are here.
How much will DePaul Cristo Rey High School cost?
- All families complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Form to determine their financial eligibility to attend and if they are admitted, the amount of tuition they will pay.
- The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) supports a portion of the cost of students’ education.
- Another portion of the student education costs is covered by scholarships donated by generous individuals, families and foundations.
- There is an out-of-pocket cost to every family, but DePaul Cristo Rey works with every family to find the level they can reasonably afford.
- DePaul Cristo Rey accepts the EdChoice Scholarship to cover the full cost of tuition.
- More details about financial aid are here.
How are students admitted to DePaul Cristo Rey High School?
DePaul Cristo Rey High School is looking for students who:
- Are capable of college-preparatory academic work.
- Have low to moderate family income.
- Are at least 14 years old and eligible to work in the United States by September 15, 2019.
- Have good discipline and attendance records.
Financial eligibility is decided on a case by case basis after each applicant has completed the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Form.
Prospective students’ families should call the Admission Office at 513-861-0600 to learn more about the admission process.
After I turn in all my paperwork, am I accepted?
- The files of students who have completed an application and have submitted all required paperwork will be reviewed by the Admission Review Committee.
- Alll students submitting a complete application, completed FACTS financial aid form, and all paperwork will receive an admissions decision letter.
- The letter to accepted applicants includes next steps and registration deadlines.
- Applications are accepted until the class is full.
Does DePaul Cristo Rey provide students transportation to and from school?
- Students living in the Cincinnati Public School District can receive free bus transportation (usually on a Metro bus) if they complete an application.
- DPCR staff will assist families with completing the required application.
- Students outside CPS boundaries typically use the Metro (self-pay), family transportation or a carpool.
- Students/families can purchase a Student Bus Card to ride the Metro at an annual cost that is less than paying daily bus fare. This must be ordered through DPCR’s Main Office.
How can I get more information about the school?