Student Laptop Program
DePaul Cristo Rey High School is committed to bringing the most current educational technology practices into our classrooms, and so all DPCR students receive a laptop computer to use inside and out of school.
Laptops enhance the college-ready curriculum and will be the students’ primary resource for organization, research, assignments and homework.
The advantages of the Laptop Program include:
- In addition to paper notebooks, students use laptops as electronic notebooks and folders holding notes, research, worksheets and class assignments.
- Laptops give students immediate access to the World Wide Web in and out of school. In class teachers and students can turn to any number of Internet resources to enhance their lessons.
- Laptops revolutionize the way students and teachers communicate by supporting schoolwide e-mail, electronic assignment submission, electronic grading, online homework and online course management.
- While reading digital textbooks, teachers and students can electronically link to outside sources including videos, digital documents and Web sites to enhance their understanding of the textbook material.
- Students can digitally send assignments to their teachers from anywhere with Internet access including school, home, restaurants or the public library. Teachers will digitally grade the work and send it back to the student.