How Does DPCR Prepare Students for College?
College Readiness Begins Day One
• College-prep only curriculum.
• College visits start freshman year.
• All students take the ACT.
• All seniors apply to college.
• Face-to-face counselor meetings with every student/parent before senior year.
College Entrance Test Prep
• Pre-ACT tests in 9th and 10th grades.
• High-achieving sophomores and all juniors take the PSAT/NMSQT Test.
• Intensive ACT prep course in 11th grade.
• All seniors take the ACT at DPCR in 12th grade.
Making College Connections
• 40+ college admission reps visit DPCR annually.
• DPCR hosts annual college fair on-site for students and families.
• DPCR students participate in summer programs on college campuses.
• Cristo Rey Network – 24 National University Partners and 22 Supporting University Partners.
Hands-on Help and Resources
• Parent Information Nights
• College application marathons
• Online help – Naviance and Schoology
• FAFSA (Financial Aid) workshops
• DPCR College Counseling Handbook given to each senior.
Ms. Kendra J. Mapp, MA, LPC
Director of Counseling Services
513-861-0600, ext. 381
Ms. Jessica Smith, LSC, LSW