Building Futures in a Transformed Campus
The transformation of the DePaul Cristo Rey campus involves three phases over the next two years. Construction is underway on the new Student Center and when that is complete, work will begin on a three-story Academic Building.
The new Student Center (pictured to the right) will include:
- An enlarged kitchen and student dining space to serve and feed 200 students at a time.
- A stage, facilities and storage to support the fine arts program.
- A full-size gymnasium with bleachers and locker rooms.
The new Academic Building (pictured to the left) will include:
- 19 classrooms, four science labs and a college counseling suite.
- Dedicated space for a food pantry, larger health room and a hygiene area to include student laundry and shower facilities.
- Academic and executive offices under one roof.
Both new buildings will connect to the current main administrative building creating integrated space with one main entrance providing greater security, ease of access, and student safety.
When both new buildings are complete:
- The school entrance will move permanently to Central Parkway.
- The modular buildings on the hillside will be removed.
- The hillside space will be reconfigured into campus parking.